Your company has probably worked to make sure your customer experience can delight the Millennial generation, but have you considered Generation Z? The people in Generation Z were born between 1995 and 2010 and have never known a world without the internet. A recent article by Ly Pham discusses the differences between Millennials and Generation Z. The biggest differences in Pham’s article include:
- Generation Z is more reliant on the internet and mobile devices than Millennials.
- Generation Z is less susceptible to traditional marketing and advertising efforts.
- Generation Z is less likely to take to discounts and product offers to shop online for things they don’t need.
- Both generations tend to have social awareness and self-awareness, but Generation Z is more driven to make social change.
- Generation Z is less likely to show brand loyalty than Millennials.
The general vibe you could get from these characteristics is that Generation Z could be a pretty tough group to win over. Pham’s article offers the following four requirements to provide customer service to Generation Z and earn their loyalty.
1) Multi-Platform Experience: A large amount of people within Generation Z spends a major portion of their time on computers and mobile devices. It’s important that your company have an active social media presence across multiple platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc.) in addition to a clean, user friendly website. People in Generation Z frequently do research on companies before buying from them, so being available in as many locations on the web as possible is necessary.
2) Enhance The User Experience: According to Pham’s article, “89% of Gen Z have said that they would be inclined to personally promote a brand if they had enjoyed the user experience. “ Since nearly all people within Generation Z have a social media presence and a means of promoting your brand, it’s important to create a great user experience on your website and in your advertising and marketing. The more interactive you can make it, the better!
3) Fast Service: Generation Z has the ability to absorb information they see online and make a decision in less than 10 seconds. This means that your company needs to make sure its advertisements and marketing are relevant to their interests and get to the point as quickly as possible.
4) Appeal To Their Driven Nature: Generation Z can see through corporate promises more easily than previous generations. Basically, if you’re not transparent about your beliefs and culture, there’s a good chance they won’t be interested in supporting your brand. Companies that advocate for social change and take an interest in their communities and the world in general will be more successful earning loyalty from Generation Z than companies who try to keep a barrier between themselves and the world around them.
This blog post is based on an article from CustomerThink. To read the original article, please click the link below:
Need a call center to improve your customer journey? We can help at no charge!
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 25 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading outsource call center vendors. If you’re considering call center outsourcing, simply call 888-766-4482 or request a free call center cost proposal today and we’ll help you find the solution that best fits your exact requirements.