Presenting top-performing, experienced outsource call centers to our clients is at the heart of our business. That’s why we’ve created a thorough screening process and only partner with BPOs who meet our strict criteria.
If you’re interested in becoming a BPO partner with Outsource Consultants, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits of being a BPO Vendor Partner
- The opportunity to present proposals to clients that may not have found you otherwise
- Our contact center technology team will help you stay competitive in a rapidly evolving industry
- Opportunities for Joint Venture Partnerships to expand your global footprint
- Candid and transparent feedback that will help you create lasting, successful relationships with your clients
- We offer exclusive insights about contact center technology and outsourcing trends through our partner training portal
Requirements to become a BPO Vendor Partner
Our clients trust us to present only top-performing call centers with proven years of experience. Therefore, all potential vendor partners must go through an in-depth screening process. The minimum requirements for consideration are:
- Your organization has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- A minimum of 200 seats.
- The ability and willingness to produce KPI and general performance data.
- Proof of providing best practices in call center operations, technology and compliance standards
- A professional company overview and other informational materials.
How do I become a BPO Vendor Partner of Outsource Consultants?
It’s important for us to have a thorough understanding of your business, your experience, your specializations, and your organization as a whole prior to initiating a partnership. To accomplish this, we ask that all of our partners go through our screening and onboarding process:
- Request access to our Vendor Partner Application by emailing [email protected].
- Fill out our Vendor Partner Application so we can learn more about your organization.
- Send us a BPO company overview deck.
- We’ll begin a thorough vetting process to determine if your BPO meets our criteria for partnership.
- If we determine that a partnership would be mutually beneficial, we’ll begin the onboarding process.