Social media in the call center was a discussion topic in a recent CallTalk Caramels, a monthly Internet radio program featuring the most innovative managers and thought leaders in the customer contact field, (interviewed by BenchmarkPortal CEO, Bruce Belfiore). A summary of that radio program is below:
Companies need to have a defined strategy toward social media in order to leverage it properly. This means managers must understand social media and feel comfortable engaging with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. To avoid disaster and gain the optimal experience, our experts suggest close monitoring of social media platforms and development of appropriate engagement mechanisms.
Applications and hosted services are available to monitor your social media networks.
It is important to have the ability to monitor and respond where you are being mentioned, and your customers tend to aggregate. Select the social media networks that fit well within your plan, using the P.O.S.T. system:
- P – People: Favor the social media networks that attract people who are in your target customer area
- O – Objective: Decide what you want to accomplish with social media
- S – Strategy: Plan how to manage these relationships, according to your company’s needs, products, services, etc.
- T – Technology: Decide what applications are best to accomplish these goals
Social media networks are a great tool for listening to, and communicating with, your customers. Through social media networks you can:
- Gauge customer satisfaction & buzz by trolling the Internet to measure positive and negative attitudes, monitor compliments, complaints and suggestions aimed at your company, and inject appropriate comments designed as solutions for customer needs.
- Reduce the number of calls to the center by disseminating information via social media networks.
- Crowd source: tap into the collective intelligence of the public and use what you learn!
- Reach broader audiences: gain visibility from potential new customers.
- Foster agent satisfaction: Bringing social media into the center means agents are not taken by surprise by negative items – and can benefit from crowd sourced information and solutions
- Develop customer retention strategies.
Contact centers need to be involved with the social media activities of their companies. The benefits of this connection will be felt by customers, agents, managers and the enterprise overall.
Finding the industry’s best social media customer service support through Outsource Consultants costs you nothing.
Your goal is delivering the best customer experience. Our mission is to help you make that happen by finding you the best social media service partner. Call Outsource Consultants now to help you save time, reduce your risk, and drive peak performance of your social customer service or any customer contact, at no charge.
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 25 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading outsource call center vendors. If you’re considering call center outsourcing, simply call 888-766-4482 or request a free call center cost proposal today and we’ll help you find the solution that best fits your exact requirements.