How do you deliver exceptional customer care? Do you ensure that no customer waits on hold longer than five minutes? Do you allow your agents to adjust the script so as to better address customer issues? Do you enforce a “customer first” policy that puts their priorities above all others? For a number of call center services, it’s these things and more that lead to the optimal experience. inContact recently wrote an article on how social media can improve your call center. A summary of that article is below:
The game has changed in call center services with the introduction of social media. It’s no longer enough to offer your customers the opportunity to call in with a problem or concern. They must have access to multiple channels and receive immediate or near-immediate responses.
How do you ensure the right approach to quality care on mutliple platforms?
- Speed: It’s everything when it comes to social media. Who hasn’t posted a problem on Twitter when the hold time was too long in the call center? When this happens, customers want an immediate response.
- Care: Speed has the potential to lead to missed opportunity. Take care in the responses you provide on social media channels so that they support your brand in both character and personality.
- Issue: It’s easy to get caught up on the message you want to communicate to the audience instead of listening to the issue. There’s a reason they are reaching out to you – be sure to pay attention and address it.
- Direction: When an issue comes in via social media that can’t be addressed in just a few words, it’s important to send the customer to the right destination. Make sure they can get resolution at that location so they only have to click through one time.
- Success: When you have happy customers who share success on social media, shout it from the rooftops and share it as much as possible.
- Advocates: Happy customers are your best advertisers, so invite them to be advocates for your brand. One of the best ways to do so is to reach out when they have something great to say about you. People love this kind of acknowledgement and will seek it time and again.
- Accuracy: Social media posts are often quick, which means it’s easy to make a spelling or grammar error. Your brand and the competency of your staff will be judged by posts; apply accordingly. It’s easy to assume that social media is simply a marketing tool, ignoring the important role it plays in call center services.
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 25 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading outsource call center vendors. If you’re considering call center outsourcing, simply call 888-766-4482 or request a free call center cost proposal today and we’ll help you find the solution that best fits your exact requirements.