An article by Fred Chua discusses the customer journey and how two components can be the most critical; the user experience with online shopping and the order processing stage. Have a poor UX during the order processing procedure can lead to shopping cart abandonment, so Chua urges companies to make the experience as smooth as possible in order to make happy customers and meet revenue goals, which can be accomplished through automation, contact center outsourcing, and third-party integrations. Chua recommends the following steps no matter what route a company takes:
- Use systematic order processing forms.
- Confirm orders before finalizing purchases.
- Send order forms to any concerned department.
- Communicate with customer on any issues with the order.
- Request customer feedback.
6 Things Retail Companies Need from Their Contact Centers to Retain Customers
Shopping cart abandonment isn’t just some keyword with no meaning. It’s a very real and dangerous thing that can lead to decrease in revenue. Shopping cart abandonment can be countered with a fluid order processing experience, but companies also need to make sure they’re providing a high-quality customer experience. Many businesses outsource their contact center services for more than cost reduction; they also outsource to improve scalability to meet a rapid growth in customers. If your company plans on outsourcing with a contact center, you’ll need to ensure your partner offers the following to ensure you’re delivering quality service:
- 24/7 and Overflow: Your contact center will need to be able to provide service no matter what time of the day and day of the week or year. Having 24/7 and overflow coverage ensures your customers will receive service any time they contact your company.
- Scalability: You contact center partner will need to have the ability to rapidly scale up to handle large volume for the holiday season, busy retail events like Black Friday, and negative events such as product recalls or data breaches.
- Order Processing: This inbound service delivers processing on your catalog orders and literature fulfillment. Straightforward, but if you’re a retail company you’ll want a contact center that can handle order processing efficiently.
- Multilingual Agents: You’ll want to be able to give high-quality customer experience to people who speak English, Spanish, and other global languages.
- CRM Systems (Customer Relationship Management): Personalized CRM systems that can provide service agents with the most updated information on your customers to fully personalize the customer experience.
- Omnichannel Solutions: These include live chat support, social media customer service, SMS (texting), email support, and more to meet customers anywhere they want to connect with your brand.
Need a retail contact center to connect with your customers? We can help!
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 25 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading outsource call center vendors. If you’re considering call center outsourcing, simply call 888-766-4482 or request a free call center cost proposal today and we’ll help you find the solution that best fits your exact requirements.