The Sales Development Representative is responsible for following up with company generated leads, and creating personalized messaging to contact ideal referral prospects, primarily using email and social media, typically done through LinkedIn. The primary focus of this role is to achieve new partner acquisition and revenue growth objectives through new referrals generated through targeted outreach. In this role, the Sales Development Representative must be comfortable with researching and targeting the right companies and individuals, then drafting custom messaging to send, receive and reply to emails and social media messages each day to these prospective clients. The goal is to generate interest and schedule appointments with Senior channel leaders for both outsourcing and technology opportunities. 60% of this position consists of research to determine the right contacts to target, create custom messaging to send to these contacts, send and receive dozens of emails and/or social media (LinkedIn) messages each day to prospective clients, generating interest to schedule conference calls with and for Senior Channel team members.
Candidate does not need previous cloud-based software or call center experience. The Outsource Consultants Process (OCP) is defined, and our team is in need of an enthusiastic, goal-driven sales focused professional to contribute to our company’s fast growth! Those with sales and channel/partnership experience and knowledge and understanding of contact center technology and concepts are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Department: Cloud Call Center Search – Sales
Reports to: General Manager
Pay: Base plus bonus and commission
90% Lead Generation:
- The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is the first point of contact when answering all incoming company calls.
- Nurture and follow up with incoming leads. Schedule appointments for own book of business and others based on the lead type.
- Qualify channel calls over the phone and follow up with an email to all prospects. Determine which category the contact falls under and if the qualified referral partner falls into an ideal qualified category, then follow the processes in place to direct the partner to the appropriate team member based on the type of partner.
- Using the company provided lead generating research software, seek out the decision-maker contact(s) to send personalized messaging, then assign appropriate follow-up tasks to the contact/partner.
- Create a list of Top 50 Potential Ideal Referral Partners to focus the outreach to.
- Draft customized messages based on in-depth research about each prospect.
- Find email addresses using various available software programs such as Hunter.io, pipl, Seamless.ai, etc.
- Searching through the LinkedIn Sales Navigator database to establish personal connections.
- Use the lead generating software to assess new leads and potential prospects to pursue.
- Research accounts and identify potential ideal referral partners, generate interest with potential partners and schedule meetings with the appropriate channel leadership.
- Track documents and maintain related field updates in CRM.
- Input and edit contacts, prospects, and related call notes into the CRM.
- Track and continuously log activities and related data into the CRM.
- Achieve quarterly KPIs (key performance indicators) and project goals.
9% Processes/Documentation Support:
- Input and keep track of personal KPIs for company meetings.
- Contribute new ideas, create and update processes, and provide feedback to the development team to enhance the CRM experience.
- Test new enhancements in the CRM to ensure they meet user requirements.
- Create, organize and edit email templates.
- Work with the Sales Executive Assistant on general items related to sales personnel.
- Work with coordinating departments to update documentation, follow up with questions, and maintain thorough communication between departments.
- Communicate team department growth needs and proactively set up next steps with the General Manager.
1% Miscellaneous Tasks:
- Answer non-sales related phone calls and transfer to the appropriate persons.
- Scan, send, and file documents as required.
- Attend industry virtual events for continuous knowledge advancement and meet with remote team members.
- Maintain a clean and organized office and workspace.
Experience & Competencies
Sales and Administrative Experience:
- 2+ years of sales-focused professional business writing experience.
- Previous sales and channel/partnership experience is a plus for a better understanding of the general sales cycle and how channel partners play a role.
- Demonstrate success in qualifying leads and potential partners over the phone.
- Experience with calendar scheduling and task management.
- Collegiate level skill set in proofreading, spelling, grammar and overall proficiency in business professional listening, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and projects, prioritize, be independent, manage time effectively, high attention to detail, and be a self-starter.
- Previous knowledge and understanding of contact center technology and concepts is a plus.
- Familiarity using Mac OS platforms and/or Internet/PC proficient.
- Proficiency with CRM systems such as Zoho or Salesforce.
- Demonstrated experience with high efficiency and accuracy of typing and word processing.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Mail, and Calendar management.
- Experience with telephone systems and conference calling.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent business professional experience.
- Standing, sitting and walking. A moderate level of bending and lifting may be required up to 25 pounds.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviors):
- Must be energetic, possess a desire to learn and continuously improve, and be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Dedicated work ethic, punctual, dependable, competitive, and sales oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups both in-person and electronically (email/instant messaging) and either written or oral.
- Ability to use technology to improve daily business processes.
- Ability to remain focused in a high-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Possess the ability to adapt and remain flexible to changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Committed work ethic, punctual, dependable, competitive, and sales oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to take on any role to get the job done.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team and broader organization.
- Proven independent thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines as well as maintaining a high quality of work.
- Cultivate a continuous improvement by contributing to best practice development and building knowledge of the organization processes.
- Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organization which are: Act With Integrity, Teamwork & Partnership, Make A Positive Impact, and Get Better Every Day.
This is an expanding role and subject to change at any time. The items listed above are not the full extent of this position and additional duties may be assigned as the position adapts.
Join Our Team!
Interested in joining our team? Fill out the form below to get started!
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Quarterly and year-end bonus opportunities
Why Work for Outsource Consultants?
- Work from Home
- Work-Life Balance
- Schedule Accommodation
- Summer Hours
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Casual Dress Code
- Foosball & Cornhole Tourneys
- Catered Lunches
- Community Involvement
- Team Social Events
- Mid-Year Off-Site Meeting
- Strategic Involvement
Outsource Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Outsource Consultants, LLC is an E-Verify employer. Candidates must be able to pass a background check.