Outsource Consultants is an INC5000 award-winning company that is looking for a VP of Product and Technology to join our rapidly growing company! This position is an add to staff and this role is responsible for working directly with the President to achieve company goals and ensure department strategic alignment for the operations team with the company vision as we seek to double our company revenue and continue to rapidly grow the business.
This position is for a leader that brings a driven attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and a high level of integrity and motivation to the team always seeking to challenge the status quo. These are requirements to be successful in our company and align with our culture. Applicants must have a track record of proven results of leading a team of developers and customized software enhancements and in-depth experience in CRM automation project planning. We are looking for a natural and empathetic leader, that is emotionally intelligent, and an excellent listener and coach.
A strong focus of this position is long-term forecasting, strategic planning and execution through overseeing CRM enhancements and communicating with developers and the operations team for successful implementations.
In addition, this high integrity leader must demonstrate our company core values: Act With Integrity, Teamwork & Partnership, Making A Positive Impact, Get Better Every Day.
If this description encompasses who you are, read below for more details and send in your application today!
Outsource Consultants is a call center referral and advisory firm that helps leading companies find the perfect fit outsource call center and BPO outsourcing solutions. At no cost, we assess our clients’ needs and then save them significant time by matching them with the best outsource call centers in the world to help them drive peak performance, reduce costs, and achieve high ROI!
Contact center experience/industry knowledge is highly preferred for this role, but not required.
Position Title: VP of Product and Technology
Department: Outsource Consultants – Operations
Reports to: President
Location: St. Louis Park, MN
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Pay: Base DOQ, plus bonus
Position Overview: This is a senior position responsible for the development and execution of strategic operational and technical priorities on behalf of the company. The VP of Product and Technology will be responsible for building and leading a supportive, transparent, agile, and effective operations team for Outsource Consultants (OC). This role will serve as a key member of the senior leadership team and be a key advisor to the President.
VP OF PRODUCT AND TECHNOLOGY RESPONSIBILITIES
50% Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Lead planning and execution of quarterly, annual, and 3–5-year plans for Operations including Security, Application Development, and Technical Operations.
- Ensure that the departmental decisions and project plans such as staffing, development, organization, software, security and hardware are in line with the OC’s business plan and vision.
- Hold Operations team members and heads of other departments accountable for execution and achieving company goals and targets tied to core Operations strategies.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Lead, design, and maintain security efforts including day to day monitoring, special projects, and long-term goals.
- Establish, administer, manage, and be responsible for the department budget. reviews and approval of cost estimates and staffing requirements for projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business and technology principles as well as financial acumen and understanding of P&Ls and forecasting.
- Drive process improvement within Operations and serve as a leader in driving the organization holistically towards a more Agile method of operating.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of Outsource Consultants operations division.
- Collaborate with the President to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Create and communicate long term forecasts and long-term strategy.
- Manage and provide mentorship and resources to the Operations Team staff, to deliver on-time objectives and contribute to company’s profitable growth:
- Team currently consists of 5 employees and 1 contractor with experience in systems development & configuration, business analysis, project management, and IT/Cyber security.
- Take charge of defining team hiring needs and team structure, assist HR with recruiting, hiring, and training, and development.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Further develop the team’s skill sets and identify training needs to ensure proper training is developed and provided.
- Provide both candid feedback as well as encouragement to staff.
- Build a consensus in a fast paced, moving environment.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Hire and supervise performance of contractors on projects.
30% Operations – Product and Technology:
- Coach and bring best practices to the team for Agile management
- Work with the team on personal and professional development goals.
- Lead organizational rollout and development of Agile transformation.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize and carry out company goals and objectives.
- Design, develop, and present department reports and metrics weekly in the OCP (i.e. OKR/KPI)
- Set up, manage, and execute Agile development and delivery practices using methods such as Sprint, Kanban, Scrum, and others as needed to deliver necessary outcomes for the business.
- Provide transparent product and feature roadmaps to leadership and all OC staff.
- Leverage core planning and development tools including Aha and Jira to support product planning and development execution and delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging relevant technologies for business operations.
- Understand and present business valuation growth to key stakeholders.
- Understand security attack techniques and perform threat modeling to design controls to guard against common attacks.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Test new enhancements in CRM to ensure they meet department requirements.
- Communicate department growth needs and proactively initiate next steps.
- Learn, follow, and monitor current processes to carry out responsibilities and also provide recommendations for improvements based on industry experience and client feedback.
- Contribute to department job and process documentation and continue to refine.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
Administrative & Security Experience:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in operations, development, and CRM enhancements.
- 8+ years of successful operations team leadership experience, overseeing a team of at least 7 employees.
- 5+ years of experience leading and driving Agile based teams and transformations.
- 5+ years of working with C-level executives.
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Experience/Contact Center business and technology in areas of telephony, CRM, Data Security, and Reporting and Analytics.
- High level understanding of architecture and design principles including focused on scalability, reliability, and reuse.
- 3+ years of experience in Cyber and IT security with strong understanding of NIST or other frameworks.
- Contact center industry experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Executive level written and verbal communications.
- Excellent ability to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and projects, prioritize, be independent, manage time effectively, high attention to detail, and be a self-starter.
- 5+ years of IT development and planning leadership experience with focus on Customer Experience and CRM.
- 5+ years of IT and Cyber Security experience in areas of PII/GDPR, audit/compliance, endpoint protection, data loss prevention, and threat management/awareness.
- Experience with Product Roadmapping and Application Development Management tools – preferably Aha and Jira or similar tools.
- Familiarity using Mac OS platforms and Internet/PC
- Proficiency in cloud-based/SaaS software, CRM systems such as Zoho or Salesforce, HubSpot and process modeling tools.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace Tools and Administration.
- Proficiency with customer journey mapping and tools such as LucidChart or Draw.IO.
- Familiarity with cloud-based directory/SSO/MDM platforms such as JumpCloud.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Mail, and Calendar management.
- Experience with telephony systems and conference calling.
- Bachelor’s Degree (IT, Operations, Business, Accounting, or a related field preferred).
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- Standing, sitting and walking. A moderate level of bending and lifting may be required up to 25 pounds.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviors):
- Receives a minimal level of guidance and direction in role.
- Ability to travel less than 1% of the time to meet with remote team members.
- Must be a natural and empathetic leader, that is emotionally intelligent, and an excellent listener and coach.
- Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of determination.
- Exceptional people and business management skills.
- An assertive and persuasive personality.
- Goal and results driven.
- Analytical thinking with excellent quantitative and superior problem-solving skills.
- Must be an energetic, dependable, team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to take on any role to get the job done.
- Cultivate a continuous improvement by contributing to best practice development and building knowledge of the organization processes.
- Committed work ethic, punctual, dependable, competitive, and sales oriented.
- Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups both in-person and electronically (email/instant messaging) and either written or oral.
- Ability to use technology to improve daily business and processes.
- Thrives in a high-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team and broader organization.
- Proven independent thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines as well as maintaining a high quality of work.
- Possess a personal presentation that reflects a professional image and full alignment with the values of the organization which are; Act with Integrity, Teamwork & Partnership, Making A Positive Impact, and Get Better Every Day.
Offer for employment is contingent upon clearing a background check.
This is an expanding role and subject to change at any time. The items listed above are not the full extent of this position and additional duties may be assigned as the position adapts.
Outsource Consultants offers competitive compensation based on qualifications, as well as an overall comprehensive benefits package including health insurance with H.S.A. options, dental insurance, 401k/profit sharing benefits, 10 paid holidays, quarterly and year-end bonus opportunities, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
Outsource Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Outsource Consultants, LLC is an E-Verify employer.
To apply, select the Online Application Form option below and submit your application for review.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Quarterly and year-end bonus opportunities
Why Work for Outsource Consultants?
- Work from Home
- Work-Life Balance
- Schedule Accommodation
- Summer Hours
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Casual Dress Code
- Foosball & Cornhole Tourneys
- Catered Lunches
- Community Involvement
- Team Social Events
- Mid-Year Off-Site Meeting
- Strategic Involvement
Outsource Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Outsource Consultants, LLC is an E-Verify employer. Candidates must be able to pass a background check.