This position has been filled.
At Outsource Consultants we take pride in setting a high bar on employee satisfaction to be achieved. If you are looking to make a difference within HR to bring your best work and be somewhere you enjoy each day, then this is the role for you! Work completed with quality and high attention to detail is critical for success in this role as the works is related to employee satisfaction, laws and compliance, and client facing work. Outsource Consultants is an Inc. 5000 Fastest growing company and has doubled in employee size within 2 years. This role is meant to continue to meet and exceed the demands of a growing workforce and someone with a can-do attitude to provide support where needed in an administrative capacity for our entrepreneurial spirited company.
In addition, this high integrity professional must demonstrate our company core values, they are; Act With Integrity, Teamwork & Partnership, Make A Positive Impact, and Get Better Every Day.
If this description encompasses who you are, read below for more details and send in your application today!
Candidate does not need call center experience.
Position Title: HR Generalist
Department: Outsource Consultants, LLC – Human Resources
Reports to: Sr. Director of Human Resources
Location: St. Louis Park, MN
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Position Overview: The HR Generalist works closely with the Sr. Director of HR to support various areas within the HR department. This role maintains on track statuses for changing initiatives within our fast-growing organization through focusing on day-to-day tasks. A small yet important aspect of this role is also office management and ad hoc support within the organization where needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
50% Human Resources Support:
- Maintains accurate and up to date HR related files, records, and documentation.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all files and records encountered in role.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that they all have required documents collected and are filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Works with the Sr. Director of HR to implement new department initiatives such as creating new and refining employee processes, looking into department training opportunities, implementing new internal company committees contributing to employee satisfaction, and benefit improvements.
- Works with the Sr. Director of HR to review employee policy and compliance related materials and processes.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring process, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Takes lead with drafting new job descriptions, recruiting and pre-screening candidates.
- Conducts and/or assists with new hire orientation and onboarding and identifies orientation and onboarding enhancements to improve the employee onboarding experience.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as, but not limited to benefits enrollment, volunteer activities, charitable donations, fun events, birthday and anniversary celebrations, and holiday parties.
- Creates and send surveys to get general input and event planning feedback from the team.
- Creates, distributes, and tracks the monthly company calendar and OC Insight newsletter.
- Coordinate and send employee birthday and anniversary cards and gift cards.
- Acts as a point of contact between the organization and external benefit and insurance providers, which may include but is not limited to, health, dental, retirement, disability, life, and workers compensation providers.
- Conducts annual testing and compliance reviews of insurance benefit plans and contracts.
- Promotes employee wellbeing by identifying new and offering resources and organizing events.
- Assists with writing submissions for relevant company award applications.
40% General Office Support:
- Professionally greets visitors at the front desk.
- First point of contact for answering incoming calls and routing appropriately (roughly 5 incoming calls per day). *As we add to staff in sales, involvement on phones will become only if all of sales is not available.
- Provides support in the office such as stocking office kitchen with supplies and groceries, office supplies, changing clocks to correct times, and coordination with building management.
- Order lunches and send gift cards for quarterly team meetings, fun events, and ad hoc basis.
- Share department updates in the weekly team meeting with the company. Guides the company though the Weekly Team Meeting if either the President or Sr. Director of HR is out.
- Communicate department growth needs and proactively initiate next steps with Sr. HR Director.
- Learn, follow, and monitor current processes to carry out responsibilities and provide recommendations for improvements based on industry experience and client feedback.
- Contribute to department job and process documentation and continue to refine.
- Scan, send, and file documents as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized office and working space.
- Acts as back up for Sr. Director of HR.
Experience & Competencies
- 2+ years of Recruiting experience for Manager/Supervisor level positions or higher.
- 2+ years of HR Generalist experience; specialized experienced in certain areas is a plus.
- 2+ years working in a sales focused environment either in HR or as sales support.
- Collegiate level skill set in proofreading, spelling, grammar and overall proficiency in business professional listening, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and projects, prioritize, be independent, manage time effectively, high attention to detail, and be a self-starter.
- 2+ years of using applicant tracking software experience.
- 2+ years with using a CRM system; Salesforce or Zoho preferred.
- Familiarity using Mac OS platforms and Internet/PC proficient.
- Proficiency in or the ability to learn quickly CRM and related HR computer applications.
- Demonstrated experience with high efficiency and accuracy of typing and word processing.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Mail, and Calendar management.
- Experience with telephone systems and conference calling.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Management or Human Resources field.
- Prior related general office support and human resources experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Standing, sitting and walking.
- A moderate level of bending and lifting may be required up to 25 pounds.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviors):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives a medium to low level of guidance and direction in role based on experience in the job responsibilities.
- Ability to travel 1% of the time.
- Must be an energetic, dependable, team player with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of determination.
- Goal and results driven.
- Suggests new ideas for the company and departments and brings well thought out action plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to take on any role to get the job done.
- Cultivate a continuous improvement by contributing to best practice development and building knowledge of the organization processes.
- Committed work ethic, punctual, dependable, competitive, and sales oriented.
- Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality. This position requires the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups both in-person and electronically (email/instant messaging) and either written or oral.
- Ability to use technology to improve daily business and processes.
- Thrives in a high-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within team and broader organization.
- Proven independent thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines as well as maintaining a high quality of work.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
- Possess a personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organization which are; Act With Integrity, Teamwork & Partnership, Making A Positive Impact, Get Better Every Day
Candidates must be able to pass a background check.
This is an expanding role and subject to change at any time. The items listed above are not the full extent of this position and additional duties may be assigned as the position adapts.
Outsource Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Outsource Consultants, LLC is an E-Verify employer.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Quarterly and year-end bonus opportunities
Why Work for Outsource Consultants?
- Work from Home
- Work-Life Balance
- Schedule Accommodation
- Summer Hours
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Casual Dress Code
- Foosball & Cornhole Tourneys
- Catered Lunches
- Community Involvement
- Team Social Events
- Mid-Year Off-Site Meeting
- Strategic Involvement
Outsource Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Outsource Consultants, LLC is an E-Verify employer. Candidates must be able to pass a background check.