In his recent article, Paul Selby recounts his experience working in customer service. From this experience he relates to the reality that customer service can be a difficult job for a variety of reasons, which is why the turnover rate in call centers is often quite high compared to other industries. Selby suggests the following ways call center managers can make the agents’ job easier in an effort to retain them:
1) Utilize knowledge bases to take data collected from past customer experiences and transactions and integrate them with the CRM to automatically pop-up customer information during the call. This makes the overall conversation run more fluidly and provides helpful information while saving time.
2) Simplify their job by giving the most important information for common customer complaints/feedback on a single screen. Learn more here.
3) Automate redundant tasks and service requests with workflows to free agents from mundane duties and allow them to focus on more complex calls.
Selby discusses these three tips in more detail in his article and explains how they can help eliminate the portions of call center jobs that lead to turnover so that companies can retain high-quality employees.
Four Software Solutions To Improve Call Center Efficiency And Agent Retention
One of the main points to take from Selby’s article is that technology can be used to ease the burden that often comes with daily life as a call center agent. There are a variety of popular call center software solutions available to not only make an agent’s job easier, but they also make the call center more productive in general. The following are four software solutions to help improve your call center agent retention and make your call center more efficient:
- CRM Systems (Customer Relationship Management): CRM systems can provide call center agents with the most updated information on your customers to fully personalize the customer experience. When a CRM is integrated fully with your other software, it can provide your agents with detailed information on customers instantly to ensure the conversation is relevant and efficient.
- IVR Systems (Interactive Voice Response Services): These systems enable your company to resolve customer issues automatically without needing to route the call to a live agent. The software identifies callers and their specific query and gives the customer instruction via phone keypad. This technology allows your call center agents to focus more on their tasks while still providing customer service to all of your customers.
- Cloud Call Center Software: The cloud can help you improve your existing call center capabilities while streamlining your business processes. The cloud integrates with all of your existing call center technology and includes benefits such as automatic call distribution (ACD) and predictive dialers, cloud routing, digital recording, call tracking, customized IVR, and more!
- ACD Systems: Automatic Call Distribution systems can have a great impact on your inbound call volume. The ACD system routes incoming customer calls to the call center agents with the best skill-set to handle the specific issue. This not only makes your call center more efficient, it also creates a better quality customer experience by putting the best agent on the call right away.
This blog post is based on an article from CustomerThink. To read the original article, please click the link below:
Need a call center partner with high-quality software solutions? We can help! Fill out the form for a free call center cost proposal.
Outsource Consultants are call center experts with over 20 years of outsourcing industry experience that have spent thousands of hours vetting and analyzing the strengths and specializations of the industry-leading call centers. Let us help you find the call center that best fits your requirements.